Chào các bạn!
My name is Phi. You can call me Hanson :D:D.
I am a qualified Vietnamese language teacher. I have a B.An in English Language Teaching from the University of Pedagogy of Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
I have 3 years of experience in teaching English and 2 Years teaching Vietnamese for people from all around the world, including US, UK, Australia, Canada, Korea, Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines, Japan, China, etc. I am also a voice actor for Vietnamese Dubbing movies, which means my accent is 100.01% Southern Accent.
I can help beginner students, how to handle a conversation with Vietnamese. Lessons are well designed in various daily topics success greeting, healthcare, entertainment, asking direction, shopping. time, date, how to order a meal, weather, and so on. I am also can help you preparing the Vietnamese Language Proficiency Test
How do I teach?
Well, I love fun, lessons are well designed with pictures, real conversation is a clear explanation with many drills for practice. If you are at the right level, I can send you some Vietnamese Movies which help your learning journey more interesting and easier. Study with me is not just in the class. after every 1-hour meeting, you will receive a document and an audio file from the lesson. If you are at the intermediate level and you are eager to study more than just in class, I can give you writing homework.
Trust me, the more you want to learn the more I am eager to help! Please contact me for an online tutoring service. Can’t wait to see you!
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Education
2010 – 2014
Bachelor’s – TEFL teaching English as a foreign language
- IELTS British Council 2016
Lupat (2 Lessons)
- Oct 20, 2018: Huỳnh is a great teacher. He just has a lot of experience and it’s interesting talking to him about learning Vietnamese and how he’s created videos to help others learn.
viki (2 Lessons)
- Jul 07,
2018 :nice experience.
Ole (6 Lessons)
- Jun 29, 2018: a great and joyful lesson with phi. He is very great at asking me question about my needs for learning
vietnamese, what do i want to talk about today and so on. Because i believe when you talk about something familiar in your own life, it is easier to remember the words. Today we talked about how we learn languages. I found that to be very interesting, because i think we maybe share some common interest in the field of “pedagogy”. How we learn a language. Phi is also very clever at making the level of vietnamese appropiatewith my level of vietnamese. I believe i learn the best and most when the level is a little bit higher than my current level. So maybe in the future i will try to speed up my speaking a little bit. Thank you a lot 1
Andrew (6 Lessons)
- Jun 29, 2018: Phi is a great teacher. He is very supportive and does an amazing job teaching the southern dialect. I highly appreciate all the materials and review guides that Phi provides for each lesson. 0
Mai Nguyen (1 Lessons)
- Jun 15, 2018: Learning a new language is always hard for me because I get embarrassed when it comes to speaking. Phi made me feel very welcomed and comfortable speaking and he kept good notes for me to review after the lesson.
Gabriel (2 Lessons)
- May 19, 2018″ He is really kind and patient. Luckily, I have found such a great teacher like him. 0
Leland Evans (12 Lessons)
- May 08, 2018: Yay! Finally got through the pronunciation drills and have moved into actual beginning conversations! So excited and happy to be at this point. Thank
youPhi! You are an excellent teacher!
Kurisu Masu (3 Lessons)
- Apr 15, 2018: Very encouraging teaching style, clear explanations and absolutely great supplementary learning material (also a Youtube Channel with lots of videos!). Although Vietnamese Pronunciation and Tones are really different from the sounds of my mother tongue, I felt like with enough practise and guidance I can get there. Can definitely recommend!
Anastasia Hayes (1 Lessons)
- Apr 10, 2018: Wonderful lesson! Phi introduced me to the sounds and
firsttwo tones of Vietnamese. 0
Patrick (11 Lessons)
- Mar 20, 2018: All my life I’ve always wanted to learn Vietnamese, especially because both my parents are from Vietnam and immigrated to the US. However, being raised in the US, I actually only learned English as my only language. At first, I tried using the app Duolingo, but I realize that there was no way I was going to be able to be conversationally fluent in Vietnamese with the the app. This is why I looked for an experienced teacher to get me started! What really impressed me about Phi is his savviness. Not only does he have a Youtube channeling around teaching Vietnamese, he comes prepared with lessons using Google docs that are extremely easy to follow. Phi is also very supportive and patient when it comes to learning and I always look forward to my lesson with him every week. I highly recommend Phi if you’re looking to seriously improve your Vietnamese.