What you’ll learn
• Understand a wide range of more demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning in them.
• Be able to express him/herself spontaneously, very fluently, and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in more complex situations
• Be able to use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic, and professional purposes.
• Be able to produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing correct use of organizational patterns, connectors, and cohesive devices.
• Be able to understand with ease practically everything he/she hears or reads.
• Be able to summarise information and arguments from different spoken and written sources, and present them coherently and concisely.
- Finished “LEVEL 4: COMPLETE VIETNAMESE COURSES”
- Need to spend time practicing outside the class
- Need to pass the Final Test for the level at least 50% of the grade
Methods of Instruction
- Instructor-led lessons
- Independent study/homework
- Hands-on training/testing/projects
Text and Learning Materials
- Vietnamese as a Second Language by Nguyễn Văn Huệ (redesigned by SVFF to serve the purpose of teaching only southern dialect)
- Audio files in Southern Dialect included for the ebook
- Online sources: online news, readings, videos, movies, etc (carefully chosen by SVFF)
- Glossary created by SVFF
Topics will be covered in this course:
- Weather – Thời tiết
- Love and Marriage – Tình yêu và hôn nhân
- Inventions – Những phát minh
- Complaints and Apologies – Phàn nàn và xin lỗi
- Industrial lifestyle – Lối sống công nghiệp
- Individuals and Family – Cá nhân và gia đình
- Life values – Những giá trị của cuộc sống
- Embarrassing moments – Những tình huống khó xử
- For detail of the course outline, click here
How long does this last?
- 24 to 48 meetings in class, depending on each student
- Students with more time for self-learning can achieve this level faster
- Learners want to focus on just some specific area only, such as speaking and listening online also take less time to achieve this level
Who this course is for:
- Learners from “ LEVEL 4: COMPLETE VIETNAMESE COURSES ” want to continue the next level in THE Vietnamese Language
- Beginners have learned and understood how to pronounce the Vietnamese sounds