What you’ll learn
- Understand the main ideas of complex text , including technical discussions.
- Be able to interact in Vietnamese fluently.
- Be able to produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint some certain topics, such as advantages and disadvantages of a particular thing.
- Finished “LEVEL 3: COMPLETE VIETNAMESE COURSES”
- Need to spend time practicing outside the class
- Need to pass the Final Test for the level at least 50% of the grade
Methods of Instruction
- Instructor-led lessons
- Independent study/homework
- Hands-on training/testing/projects
Text and Learning Materials
- Vietnamese as a Second Language by Nguyễn Văn Huệ (redesigned by SVFF to serve the purpose of teaching only southern dialect)
- Audio files in Southern Dialect included for the ebook
- Online sources: online news, readings, videos, movies, etc (carefully chosen by SVFF)
- Glossary created by SVFF
Topics will be covered in this course:
- In the past – QUÁ KHỨ
- Future plans – NHỮNG DỰ ĐỊNH
- At work – TẠI CHỖ LÀM
- Traffic – GIAO THÔNG
- Countryside and Cities – NÔNG THÔN VÀ THÀNH THỊ
- Free time – THỜI GIAN RẢNH
- Sports – THỂ THAO
- Culture – VĂN HÓA
- For detail of the course outline, click here
How long does this last?
- 24 to 48 meetings in class, depending on each student
- Students with more time for self-learning can achieve this level faster
- Learners want to focus on just some specific area only, such as speaking and listening online also take less time to achieve this level
Who this course is for:
- Learners from “ LEVEL 3: COMPLETE VIETNAMESE COURSES ” want to continue the next level in THE Vietnamese Language
- Beginners have learned and understood how to pronounce the Vietnamese sounds