What you’ll learn
- Understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.,
- Be able to deal with most situations likely to arise whilst traveling in an area where the Vietnamese language is spoken.
- Be able to produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- Finished “LEVEL 2: COMPLETE VIETNAMESE COURSES – SOUTHERN DIALECT”
- Need to spend time practicing outside the class
- Need to pass the Final Test for the level at least 50% of the grade
Methods of Instruction
- Instructor-led lessons
- Independent study/homework
- Hands-on training/testing/projects
Text and Learning Materials
- Vietnamese as a Second Language by Nguyễn Văn Huệ (redesigned by SVFF to serve the purpose of teaching only southern dialect)
- Audio files in Southern Dialect included for the ebook
- Online sources: online news, readings, videos, movies, etc (carefully chosen by SVFF)
- Glossary created by SVFF
Topics will be covered in this course:
- Describing a person – ANH ẤY MẮT TO, CAO RÁO
- Health – EM BỊ CẢM RỒI!
- Education – CHỊ THÍCH NHẤT LÀ MÔN TIẾNG VIỆT
- Money – CON XÀI QUÁ NHIỀU TIỀN
- Clothes – ANH KHÔNG THÍCH KIỂU ÁO NÀY
- Accommodation – ÍT NHẤT CŨNG LÀ 10 TRIỆU
- Family values – LÀM SAO MÀ THĂM ĐƯỢC
- Vacation – HAY LÀ ANH Ở LẦU 2 ĐI.
- For detail of the course outline, click here
How long does this last?
- 24 to 48 meetings in class, depending on each student
- Students with more time for self-learning can achieve this level faster
- Learners want to focus on just some specific area only, such as speaking and listening online also take less time to achieve this level
Who this course is for:
- Learners from “ LEVEL 2: COMPLETE VIETNAMESE COURSES ” want to continue the next level in the Vietnamese Language