What you’ll learn
- Understand and use familiar everyday Vietnamese expressions and very basic phrases
- Be able to introduce himself/herself and others in Vietnamese.
- Be able to ask and answer questions about personal details.
- Finished “LEVEL 0: VIETNAMESE PRONUNCIATION”
- Need to spend time practicing outside the class
- Need to pass the Final Test for the level at least 50% of the grade
Methods of Instruction
- Instructor-led lessons
- Independent study/homework
- Hands-on training/testing/projects
Text and Learning Materials
- Vietnamese as a Second Language by Nguyễn Văn Huệ (redesigned by SVFF to serve the purpose of teaching only southern dialect)
- Audio files in Southern Dialect included for the ebook
- Online sources: online news, readings, videos, movies, etc (carefully chosen by SVFF)
- Glossary created by SVFF
Topics will be covered in this course:
- 1. Greetings – ANH TÊN LÀ GÌ?
- 2. Nationality – CHỊ LÀ NGƯỜI NƯỚC NÀO?
- 3. Occupation – ANH LÀM NGHỀ GÌ?
- 4. Address – BÂY GIỜ CHỊ SỐNG Ở ĐÂU
- 5. Time – BÂY GIỜ LÀ MẤY GIỜ RỒI?
- 6. Date – SINH NHẬT ANH NGÀY MẤY?
- 7. Giving direction – BỆNH VIÊN Ở ĐÂU
- 8. Means of transportation – ANH ĐI SÀI GÒN BẰNG GÌ?
- 9. Family – NHÀ CHỊ CÓ MẤY NGƯỜI
- 10. Ordering food – EM ƠI, CHO ANH 1 TÔ PHỞ
- For detail of the course outline, click here
How long does this last?
- 24 to 48 meetings in class, depending on each student
- Students with more time for self-learning can achieve this level faster
- Learners want to focus on just some specific area only, such as speaking and listening online also take less time to achieve this level
Who this course is for:
- Learners from “ LEVEL 0: VIETNAMESE PRONUNCIATION ” want to continue the next level in THE Vietnamese Language
- Beginners have learned and understood how to pronounce the Vietnamese sounds